BDM Youth Round Table
Are YOU a Maryland student between the ages of 11-17? Are YOU looking for an alternative and fun way to serve your community? Want something that will look great on a college application?
Then this Round Table is for YOU!
Q: What is the BDM Youth Round Table?
A: The BDM Youth Round Table is a group of young people who provides support, guidance, and recommendations in museum activities through the perspective of their peers in the community.
Q: Who can join the BDM Youth Round Table?
A: The BDM Youth Round Table is open to any Maryland student ages 11-17 (middle and high school) who have a desire to make a difference in the museum and in the community.
Q: When will the BDM Youth Round Table meet?
A: The BDM Youth Round Table will meet during the school year from September to April unless there is a holiday. Days and times of meetings will be discussed among the council.
Q: Where will the BDM Youth Round Table Meet?
A: The BDM Youth Round Table will meet at the Banneker-Douglass Museum unless otherwise noted.
Q: What are some of the things the BDM Youth Round Table will be doing?
A: Members of the BDM Youth Round Table will have the opportunity to, but not limited to, doing the following projects:
- Assist in programming planning (serve as a focus group)
- Volunteer at events/programs/workshops
- Serve in community service projects
- Assist with social media sites
- Sponsor guest lecturers
- Special projects
Q: What are some benefits to being a member of the BDM Youth Round Table?
- It is a great way to build leadership and creative skills.
- It will look nice on a college application and/or resume.
- It is a positive outlet.
- It is a proactive way to let your voice be heard.
- It is a fun and awesome way to meet new people and build lasting friendships!!
Q: Can students receive community service hours?
A: Students may be able to receive community service hours.
For more information about the Round Table or to register, please contact us email@example.com or call 410-216-6180.